Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Starting from Now: Classroom Management


20 Quotes To Help You Build An Effective Classroom | topnotchteaching.com




















As the new year begins, I think of the resolutions I made and did not make.  Most of them are the same ones I make every year such as getting in better shape. Every year I promise myself I will change my habits and get healthy.  This one is broken by the time Valentine's candy hits the shelf.  It seems to hit the shelves earlier and earlier every year! 

As teachers we also make resolutions such as having better classroom management. Every January we try to change, but we tend to give up and fall right back into the same ways of managing misbehaviors. Maybe it's time to self reflect on what habits you may have developed that are causing havoc on your classroom management.

I recently read an article, "10 Ways to Sabotage Your Classroom Management" by Jennifer Gonzales, that talks about ten habits you could be doing that are destroying your classroom management.  The article also gives alternative strategies to try. The following will link you to this article. 

http://www.middleweb.com/19037/10-ways-sabotage-classroom-management/

I hope you take time to read through this article and do some self - reflecting.  It's not too late to start.

Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment